How to connect multiple(upto 4) Laptops to use with one mouse and keyboard

Ever wanted to connect multiple Laptops/PC's with one mouse and keyboard? Follow the steps below to make your 2 computers a single machine.
Here is a Interesting Situation, I am stuck with 2 very slow internet connections(Airtel - 2G). And lots of website development work which needs lots of browsing and uploading/downloading. I have following Equipments:
  • 1 - Laptops with Windows 8.1(My Laptop)
  • 1 - Laptop with Windows 7(Friends Laptop)
  • 1 - Nokia Lumia 620
  • 1 - USB Mouse
  • 1 - USB Stick (USB Modem)
I connected my laptop to Internet using Nokia Lumia 620 hotspot(Internet Sharing in Settings). Friend's Laptop was connected to Internet using USB Stick. And I was using My Laptop for all development work and Friend's laptop for research/browsing work. But switching from one to another was very tedious. So I started searching for a solution. Here is the solution I found.

  1. First Connect both the computers to the same network.
    1. In my situation I connected Friends laptop with my Lumia's hotspot.
  2. Download Mouse Without Borders from here.
  3. Install it on both the computers.
  4. On one computer you will be asked "Did you setup other computer?" click "No".
  5. Follow the steps on screen.
  6. You will be provided with a password and Computer Name then.
  7. On other computer answer "Yes" to "Did you setup other computer?".
  8. Enter password and Computer Name provided by first computer. You can repeat these steps for 3 or 4 computers.
  9. You will be connected. and A screen with 4 computers will be shown. Blue colored computers are your connected computer set them according to your ease by dragging and dropping computer icons and click Apply.
  10. Try setting up your mind to use only computers keyboard and mouse. ;)

Share your feedback in comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog